Greece | www.musictherapy.gr | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hellenic Association of Certified Professional Music Therapists (ESPEM) kindly sponsors the work of Approaches.
To keep up-to-date with the events organised by ESPEM, see the list of upcoming events.
The Hellenic Association of Certified Professional Music Therapists (ESPEM) is the official professional body of music therapists in Greece. ESPEM was founded in 2004 and since 2007 it represents the country to the European Music Therapy Confederation (EMTC). In 2016 ESPEM registered with the World Federation of Music Therapy (WFMT).
ESPEM accepts as members only certified professionals with academic degrees from universities.
The main aims of ESPEM are:
- to set professional standards for music therapy in Greece (including to ensure that music therapists have appropriate qualifications for professional practice)
- to achieve State Registration and official recognition of the profession in Greece
- to promote music therapy in the health, education and social care sectors
- to promote research in music therapy
- to provide up-to-date information to the public regarding music therapy practice and research
- to establish and maintain a register of its members
- to maintain a code of ethics/practice
- to collaborate with other professional music therapy associations internationally.